Steps on how to install Internet Explorer 7 (IE 7) without Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA).
1. Download the setup file from the IE 7 website (Direct link for Win XP SP 2 - IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe).
2. Extract the files (to a folder of your choice) inside the setup file using a program such as WinRAR.
3. Download iecustom.dll & normaliz.dll from here.
4. Replace the file iecustom.dll in the folder called "update" (inside the folder which you have extracted the contents of the setup file to.)
5. Run update.exe from within the "update" folder and choose to restart at a later time.
6. Copy normaliz.dll into your system32 directory (usually C:\Windows\System32\)
7. Run xmllitesetup.exe which is located in the "update" folder.
8. Restart your computer. After this is done, IE 7 is ready to use.
Note: the above steps worked for me.
If you run into into an error saying that normaliz.dll cannot be found by explorer.exe after the first reboot, do the following:
1. Goto Run (Windows_key + R on keyboard)
2. Type: ‘cmd’ and push enter. The command prompt window will then appear.
3. Type: ‘copy c:\normaliz.dll c:\windows\system32\normaliz.dll’ and hit enter.
Note: If you use Outlook or Outlook Rxpress and you can't use Windows update because you did not install WGA, you may be faced with a HTTP authentication error (0x800ccc32) with Outlook or Outlook Express. Read Microsoft Article and download WindowsXP-KB904942-v2-x86-ENU.exe for Windows XP.
Related: Install Windows Media Player 11 (WMP 11) without WGA. The process is much simpler. Also, if you are in the United States, and you install WMP 11 with URGE, you can get a 14-day trial with unlimited music downloads.