Here are 7 of the new features that have been completed:
* Language support for collections
* Automatic Resource Management
* Improved Type Inference for Generic Instance Creation (diamond)
* Underscores in numeric literals
* Strings in switch
* Binary literals
* Simplified Varargs Method Invocation
Read more about the new language features here...
Java 7 (Project Coin) is actually looking good! For a modern programming language to stay relevant, it is important to introduce new paradigms to make programming easier while maintaining a large degree of backward compatibility. It wasn't so long ago that Python made a gigantic leap from 2.6 to 3.0.