- "import this" easter egg
- the pass keyword
- Remember to have __init__.py to you modules. You can put code in __init__.py too! (e.g. for initializations, and functions in there can be imported)
- Single underscores should be used for private variables.
- re.match() only attempts to match a pattern at the beginning of a string where re.search() will match a pattern anywhere in a string.
- Readline configuration for python
- Else clauses on for loops (or even try-except statements)
- Function closures
- unittest module
There is so much magic happening behind the scenes that I recommend taking a look at the source code to understand what's going on.
- Design Patterns in Python
- More Design Patterns (slides) (from Google)
- Use coroutines via enhanced generators (PEP 342). A cool networking/threading library written using coroutines. More about coroutines via PFPL chp 33.3
- Decorators (tutorial, advanced)
- What you should know about exec and compile
- New and old classes
Implementations of Py
Note: This post is a work in progress.