This list is likely to be continuously updated.
- Serialization is often known as pickling (mainly used in python) and marshalling (more for binary data).
- Cache priming is also known as cache warming (e.g. by populating the cache with data)
- Mainline/baseline (aka "vanilla" for Linux Kernel Dev) is similar to the master branch of the code repository.
- Continuous build != nightly builds, since bugs can lie dormant for 24 hrs for nightly builds.
- XP = Extreme Programming
- Coroutines are "computer program components that generalize subroutines to allow multiple entry points for suspending and resuming execution at certain locations"
- Log rotation is "the regular (nightly or weekly, typically) moving of an existing log file to some other file name and starting fresh with an empty log file".