Sunday, December 03, 2006

Recommended Reading

Once in a while, an good book pops by. Once in blue moon, I put up a list of recommended reading (the last time I officially did this was a year ago). Thus, below is my list of recommended reading. Here goes...

1. The Search: How Google and Its Rivals Rewrote the Rules of Business and Transformed Our Culture (by John Battelle)
Its an insightful book, dedicated not only to Google, but also the past, present and future of Internet search.

2.The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century (by Thomas L. Friedman)
I recently profiled this book.

3. Freakonomics (by Steven Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner)
This book is rather "old", but not everyone has read it!

4. To Cut a Long Story Short (by Jeffrey Archer)
Jeffrey Archer is the master of short stories. This new instalment contains a few "true stories" written in the entertaining Archer style.

5. The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business Is Selling Less of More (by Chris Anderson)
I have yet to get my hands on this book, but the Amazon reviews have been promising.


I have tried to put together a list of books from different genres. Most of these books are inter-disciplinary, but all of them have one thing in common - they are not boring (at least to me), thought-provoking and shouldn't be too hard to follow (think "Smart words, interesting ideas").

Others (these are available online):
1. ChangeThis.com - I recently chanced upon this site. There are a couple of manifestos that are worth reading, such as The Talent Myth, How to be Creative and One-Minute Site. (Keep on exploring!)
2. Free Culture (by Lawrence Lessig)

No comments: