Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Flawed MP3 player, and now flawed earphones?

I have always been a supporter of Sony products because of its high
quality and durability. However, this year, I bought the Sony MDR-EX81
at the price of SDG80, which is very expensive for a earphone. I
expected the sound quality and durability to be superb, but after a
few month's use, i felt like i've been ripped off.

Within a few months' use, the plastic/rubber insulation of the wire
starts falling apart. I firmly believe that this is not a mistake or
mishandling on my part, as many other users experienced the same
problem. You can take a look at the links provided.
Link 1, Link 2, Link 3

There are many many more such cases on the net and all this points to
the fact that this particular earphone has a serious issue and I'm
paying such a high price to be ripped off by sony.

And of course, sony is smart enough to NOT provide warranty.

No comments: